Thursday, July 23, 2009

TSM Server Scripts Sleep Option

I have been frustrated with the lack of a sleep command with TSM scripts for a long time and just today a co-worker sent me this link which I think sums up how we've had to get around the it within TSM server scripts. The WAIT=YES option is only good for commands that allow it, and is not exactly what many of us need in certain situations. Since this document's modified date shows as 7-23-2009, I will take it that there is no respite from the issue with TSM 6.1. Basically IBM recommends you break the script in two and where you need the sleep you have the script schedule a onetime schedule of the secondary script for X number of minutes in the future. It does work. I've use this process on some scripts, but you'd think they would have added a sleep option by now. So I assume when it's absolutely needed many of you resort to a regular shell script to execute tasks, any alternate processes than that? I'd like to hear about it.

1 comment:

  1. Best regards,
    Tommy Hueber
    http://www.tsmblog.org

    ReplyDelete